You’re the type of person that dreams about articulating infrastructure as code...not Kafkaesque nightmares, but awesome, automated environments. You love data, metrics and iterative improvements and have a passion for building resilient, reliable, autmated and scalable database, web and API infrastructure.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Scaling the ProTenders architecture to support heavy growth while keeping the service fast and reliable
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level and business-level performance
- Expanding our configuration management infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services
- Working with the rest of the engineering team to perform security audits and proactively make recommendations/improvements to keep security tight
- Contributing improvements back to the open source projects we use
- Comfortable working in a continuous deployment environment
Unix: Ubuntu, CoreOS
Cloud Providers: Amazon Web Services,...
Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB,...
Deployment: Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes,...
Monitoring: Graphite, Nagios, ELK...
Bonus Points for Ruby on Rails, Nginx, Capistro a plus.